An Open Day thank you to everyone!
What an exhausting but rewarding day! The sun shone and 150 folk turned up. As always, it was wonderful to meet friends, old and new. My favourite and most regular attender, who comes every Open Day, refused to be identified online!
Many people snapped away for the photo competition. They were reminded that, to get their shots, they could walk anywhere on my soil. There was a great deal of interest in minimum cultivation methods. One lady gave me a most eloquent phrase about the benefits to soil flora and fauna of non-digging, but can I remember it? No, my head is still in too much of a whirl.
|Brenda manning the plant stall.|
A big thank you to all my helpers.
- Peggy and Christine for the wonderful teas
- Angela and Gordon for running the gate and promoting this blog!
- Marilyn and Dave for organizing the car parking.
- Brenda for organizing everything.
- Harry and Cathi who marshalled the rheas.
Apparently, I swanned around doing nothing and taking all the glory! A part I play well.
...a selection of pictures from the day!